List of my favourite movies

  • American History X
  • King Kong
  • Kingdom of Heaven
  • Passion of the Christ
  • The Terminal
  • Operation: Daybreak
  • The Great Escape
  • Mackenna's Gold
  • Blood Diamond
  • K-Pax
  • Hotel Rwanda
  • Lion King
  • Independence Day
  • I am Sam
  • Mystic River
  • Troy
  • Black Hawk Down
  • Gladiator
  • Star Wars Series

Friday, April 13, 2007

I love trees. I just think there should be trees everywhere. The only problem with trees though are birds. And when birds are on trees. They bombard you with shit!

But Trees are way too beautiful not to be around. I wish I could go around planting trees on the side of the road. But its virtually impossible.
1) It will take a hell of a lot of time to grow (I have no patience)
2) Someone is sure to dump garbage over it.

Its a pity that garbage disposal is one of the main problems in our state. Kerala is very beautiful. Especially during the monsoon season. Its breathtaking. The rains, lightning showers .. the swaying of trees in the distance. Magnificent.

But we have Garbage all round on the road. I mean, tourists STILL visit Cochin even though the garbage problem exists. What will happen if we get RID of all the muck on the street. We're sure to get more tourists. But.. the State Government is stupid. They dont know what they're missing out. They dont know a thing in fact, except how to line their own pockets.

We can beautify this place. Simple steps are all thats required.

1) Dump your garbage in the correct place. Not by the side of the road. Atleast the corporation collects the garbage that you put in the right bins.
2) Plant trees. Look after them. They're beautiful!
3) Be Polite to tourists. Not polite as in go out of your way to help them. Though I see nothing wrong in this. If they ask you for directions.. point them in the right direction, dont give them wrong directions.


Dont fight the system. Its futile. Instead, try and do what the system has been failing to do. Its our city, our state and our country after all. Sure we have a few corrupt chaps as MPs, but we can do better than them for sure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, trees are pretty. *sigh*

I might be going to kerala this summer. In the monsoons. Heard a lot about it.

Keshav said...

you come!

Anonymous said...

The right trees grow faster than you might think. I live in the desert, so I have to be careful, but what we have around here is very hardy.

When I lived in Santa Fe, New Mexico, my house had a big yard. Big for me, anway, 1/3 acre. We planted three huge pine trees in the front yard, already about 10 feet tall and 8 feet across. I wanted to fill the back yard with either aspen or something else that grows fast and rustles a lot in the wind. Anything to get rid of the lawn! I moved to San Diego before I finished the project.

I can go to Google Earth and look at my house in Santa Fe, and the trees I planted out front are HUGE.

Get trees that are already 8 or 10 feet tall. A lot of them aren't that expensive. You'll be amazed at how quick they take off!

Keshav said...

wow.. didnt know that....